Pune October 14: An NCP leader was burnt alive in Nasik as the car he was travelling in caught fire near the Pimpalgaon Baswant toll plaza.
He was near the overbridge on River Kadva when the car developed a snag. Due to the short circuit, the car caught on fire.
According to reports in local media, the short circuit caused a spark, leading to the highly flammable hand sanitiser kept in the car to catch fire. As the fire raged, the central locking mechanism of the vehicle was activated, leaving the doors jammed.
Shinde was left stuck in the car and even tried to break the windows but the fire spread so quickly that he was burnt alive inside.
Seeing the car on fire, locals tried to rescue the passenger and even called the fire brigade but Sanjay Shinde could not be saved.