JAMMU, Feb 11: J&K Govt nominated Director Industries Jammu as Chairperson of Committee for Toll Tax issue , now Kashmir Chamber said it is region based Committee.
Experts while speaking to Cross Town News said how it can be region based committee , when there are members from kashmir also in it.
The Press statement of Kashmir chamber on Letter written to Governor can be read below:
"With regard to the formation of the above referred committee, the Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry would like to point out the following:
1. That the issue under examination pertains to the State of Jammu and Kashmir but the constitution of the Committee gives an impression that it is a region based committee only.
2. That to examine a state level issue, Director Industries and Commerce Jammu has been nominated as Chairperson. To our understanding, the Chairperson of the Committee needs to be at least Principal Secretary, Industries and Commerce having jurisdiction over the whole state, with both the respective Directors Industries (Jammu/Kashmir) as members.
3. That it is very surprising that the Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industries has not been given due representation in the Committee and we fail to comprehend as to who amongst the nominated members would be conveying the viewpoint of the industries from Kashmir Region.
4. That the manner in which the Committee has been constituted is questionable and undermines the seriousness of the issue under examination.
5. In view of the above, you are requested to re-constitute the committee incorporating the concerns expressed by the Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry."